Google Slides just recently received the capability to add audio to your slides! Simply click on INSERT and select AUDIO to add a file from your Google Drive. Unfortunately, the ability to upload files from your computer is currently unavailable.
Why add audio?
- Add audio recordings of thinking and explanations.
- Add narrations to presentations or digital books.
- Add audio directions for younger students.
- Explaining diagrams, maps or information.
- Add music to enhance presentations.
How may I add audio?
There are hundreds of audio recording tools available, however I prefer to use the Chrome extensions Cloud Audio Recorder or Mic Note as they will save audio files directly into my Google Drive. This will make it simple to insert the audio into my Google Slides.
Step 1: Add the Chrome Extension Cloud Audio or Mic Note
Step 2: Open the app and record audio
Step 3: Save audio into Google Drive. Cloud audio will do that automatically, while Mic Note will need you to switch the Option to Google Drive.
Step 4: Open Slides and go to Insert- Audio. You’re done!