Are your students struggling to explain their strategies? Did your students receive low scores on the open response portion of a digital test? If so, increase student achievement by talking about math using technology!
Encourage students to:
- Express their thoughts, ideas, solutions, and questions
- Observe their peers
- Receive and give constructive feedback
- Revise and edit their responses while elaborating
- Use technology to produce not consume information
- View written transcripts of their audio recordings
- Become more familiar with basic technology skills and keyboarding
- Finally, construct their own detailed and accurate written responses
Here are 10 technology tools that will help your students increase their ability to share and expand their ideas about math:
How do you encourage your students to talk about math? Do you use technology?