Today’s Coaching Question: How can students share their screens with the classroom?
Google Cast for Education has made it extremely easy for students and teachers to share their desktops with the classroom. Teachers will download a FREE app in the Chrome Store, which allows students to cast their devices onto the teacher’s computer. If the teacher’s computer is connected to a projector, the entire classroom will now be able to see the student’s device.
You can have students sharing their work with 5 Easy Steps:
- Step 1: Sign into Chrome on your teacher computer
- Step 2: Add the Google Cast for Education App on your Chrome Account. Go to “More Tools” and select “Extensions” to search.
- Step 3: Name your “Receiver” so students will know where to cast their screens.
- Step 4: Share your receiver with students using the SHARE sign. You can add student email accounts individually, or select an entire Google Classroom.
- Step 5: Show students how to cast their devices
Just a note: I do notice a 30-60 second lag in between casting. But, it still is an extremely simple way for students to share their work with the classroom.
Google: Getting Started with Google Cast